Friday, February 3, 2012

The Weekends

This is one of the best restaurants in the world!! I'm sorry but I think it might be better than In-N-Out O.o This place is called Golden Juice, I'm not sure why, but it's amazing. This place sells falafels and schwarmas. Every place in the Middle East makes schwarmas and falafels, but I don't know how the falafels and schwarmas here are so good! We have only been to this place two weeks in a row, and we have been satisfied with this place every time. Sadly only men can go into this restaurant so me and my mom have to wait in the car while my dad goes to order our food.

Can you believe it!!! They have non-alcoholic Budweiser here in Saudi Arabia!!! At first I couldn't believe it, but my mom and I were walking through Tamimi's (a store here) and we saw a pile of Budweiser cans. When I looked closer they were non-alcoholic beer cans!!!

It's crazy how people will go to extremes in order to feel cool with alcohol. That's what bugs me about the society now. The media shows that anybody with alcohol will seem cool. So now they even have the Saudi Arabians which aren't supposed to have alcohol pretending to be cool with an "alcoholic" beverage. Yes some people may say that there isn't any alcohol in those drinks, but pretending can lead to actually having alcohol.

So yeah it was funny seeing an "alcoholic" beer can, but its crazy to see how people will do something like that, in order to feel cool.





Since kids can't really leave the compound unless they are with their parents, they can get pretty creative in ways to spend their time. This is Vika and her best friend Ella performing a play for me and my mom. They took a large piece of cardboard and drew a house on it, and performed their play with barbies. It was a pretty good play :P Who knows they may become actors. :P

Here is a funny fact, there isn't a Wal-Mart anywhere in Saudi Arabia. The interesting fact about them not having a Wal-Mart in Saudi Arabia because the owner of Wal-Mart's daughters are married Jews. Our family is guessing that because the Arabians don't like the Jews, that must be the reason they don't have a Wal-Mart here!

So this is the "Wal-Mart" of Saudi Arabia. This place is called Hyper Panda. I don't know why it's called Hyper Panda, but it's just like Wal-Mart. It has clothes and food and food courts! So there isn't a giant Wal-Mart that takes up a huge amount of land, its just a Hyper Panda that has the same amount of things as a Wal-Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment